Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hannibal High School English Club

Hello to members of the new HHS English Club!  We are setting up this page to post information about the new club and to post questions and comments about the novels we are reading.  Much more to come!

4 comments:

  1. Hey look! I figured out how to log into this blog and leave a comment! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question for any teachers or sponsors helping with English club... do you have any supplemental material for The Grapes of Wrath? I cannot seem to get into it, and I am not getting any meaning out of the text. I looked at Sparknotes, and got some materials to help, but I was wondering if there was anything that would help me out more.

    Thanks,
    AR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia, one of the reasons we decided to read The Grapes of Wrath is that it's been a few years since anyone taught it in our school...so no, I don't have any supplemental materials. I don't know if anyone else does or not. Sparknotes might help, and so will posting questions and comments on our website here. We're here to help you enjoy the books as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story of the Joad family and The Great Depression starts a little slow in the first couple chapters but once the journey west starts it picks up

    ReplyDelete